Fully revised and updated, and with a bright new design, Guinness World Records 2022 provides a fascinating snapshot of our world today. Our editors have chosen to curate the book with environmental issues at the forefront of their mind, so we open with a chapter exploring what’s happening to our ecosystem and what superlative lengths people are going to make a difference. We also want to encourage readers to put their own record-breaking to good, so look out for projects that might inspire you to make a difference – so don’t just Discover Your World, Change Your World!
Despite the challenges of the past year, it’s been business as usual at Guinness World Records, and our researchers continue to field thousands of applications a month. Expect that unique mix of remarkable humans, talented pets, incredible vehicles and impressive sporting legends.
What you’ll find in our 10 record-packed chapters:
– Environmental champions – the eco-warriors fighting to make our planet a better place
– Wonders of the natural world, from the most intelligent creatures to the deadliest plants
– The tallest and shortest… Our record scouts have measured a host of the world’s loftiest and diminutive humans
– Pop Culture icons – we reveal the world’s most successful movie franchises, videogames, toys and brand
– Young Achievers – meet the under-16 influencers, entrepreneurs and entertainers who are taking positive steps to change the world
– Sporting heroes – we review the biggest sporting achievements of the year and put them in context alongside the greatest athletes of all time
PLUS! Look out for bonus features including free Augmented Reality dinosaurs that come to life straight off the page; more inductees into the Guinness World Records Hall of Fame, including Sir David Attenborough, astronaut Peggy Whitson and K-Pop sensations BTS; and “Virtual Visits” that take you on a journey to some of the most fascinating and record-packed visitor attractions, museums, art galleries and parks – all without leaving your bedroom!